Wednesday 2 October 2013

Sock, Block, and Roll

Busy day in the world of knitting and crocheting over here!

I finally began the socks! Let me tell you, going from 1 hook to 4 needles is not a smooth transition. However, after a few hours of fussing and swearing (and adding a bunch of crochet sock patterns to my Ravelry queue as if to threaten the Gods of Knitting into bending to my will, lest I be forever lost to the accursed hook) I have Begun To Knit A Sock. Exciting! I am also trying out my new needle tip protectors, yay! The yarn is really great too.  I'm using the Knit Picks Stroll Tweed in Indigo Heather and it is really gorgeous and soft. I am following this pattern which is really more of a tutorial, and exactly what I wanted. No left handedness issues, just knit purl whatever.

As for the shawl,  I added the fringe and blocked it earlier today.  I used a very fancy and glamorous method to do this.





I rolled it in a beach towel, threw it in the tub and stomped all over it. it is currently laid out on the dining room table. All that's left now it to wait for it to dry, and pray a cat doesn't go sleep on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment