Wednesday 25 September 2013

Stash Raider: Cupcake Hat

I figured it was time I got back in the habit of writing regularly, and so why not journal my adventures in compulsive crafting?

I have a bunch of project ideas planned for some nice yarn I ordered online, but I needed something to keep me busy until it gets here.

Last night I began work on the Chocolate Cupcake Hat with Blue Frosting from Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies as a way to quick way to use up some of the cheap yarn I have left in my stash.  I'm using some dollar store acrylic yarn that I bought over 10 years ago in a dusty plum colour for the frosting part instead of blue.

So far this is a really fun pattern. It is easy and goes quickly, but has enough variety to keep it interesting. I am about 75% through the frosting portion and am not 100% sure which yarn I will use for the "cake" part of the hat.  If it turns out cute (and I suspect it will) I will probably make another in nicer yarn anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment