Thursday 26 September 2013

Knit Picks Delivery + Cupcake Continues

I am now on day 3 of my cupcake hat, and am almost done. Both the frosting section and the cake portion are complete, I just need to crochet the cherry, get some mini pom poms for the sprinkles (or felt maybe?) and then assemble it all. This was (and still is) a really fun project. It is almost entirely done in BLO, which creates a really nice ribbed effect.



Of course,  there is nothing to slow my progress like the arrival of new yarn! I had all my projects decided when I bought the yarn, but since then I have become a little overwhelmed I think.

The new yarn:


This is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash in Noble Heather. It is a really beautiful green that I had originally planned to use for a shawl, but I have decided instead to make this cowl. As fun as it would be to try out a cool shell stitch on a shawl, I would really prefer to make something I can wear for now.


Up next is more Wool of the Andes, this time in Bittersweet Heather and Fjord Heather, respectively. Both of these colours are beautiful, but the fjord in particular makes me melt. I want to use these colours for hats, though which pattern I will use is as of yet undecided.


Finally, we have Knit Picks Stroll Tweed in Indigo Heather, and Stroll Fingering in Constellation. These are reserved for socks. I am DYING to try socks, but while I crochet in the round all the time, knitting in the round is still mysterious to me. I would also really like to try circular needles, but all I have are a pair of US 6 4mm ones, so I can either use those or wait to go buy a different pair. Anyway, if you have a beginner sock pattern that would be suitable, please don't be shy! I would love to hear it.

All around, a good day in crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment